WORK PLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Work Health and Safety Act 2012, the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards as far as possible.
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health
- A commitment to consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in your workplace/environment.
- A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each worker has an obligation to:
- Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others including the dogs
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary (this includes heavy duty pants) No shorts, singlets or open footwear are to be worn while training.
- No dangle or drop earrings are to be worn when training or dealing with dogs. This could be potentially dangerous to not only yourself but also the dog
- comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- Report all Accidents and Incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
Contact management (Graham Hulse) via text message – as most likely he will be in a job and also complete an incident form and email it to admin.
- If urgent, use common sense and apply first aid or what is required to remedy safely the situation
- Report all known or observed hazards to management.
We seek the co-operation of all workers, customers and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate.
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where workers (Trainers) are required to work off-site. All staff is expected to adhere to all points outlined in this policy. Failure to do so could bring serious consequences to your safety and other people.